* Check a moon phase calendar for the next upcoming full moon.
* Create a sacred space and arrange a time to perform the ceremony (preferably at nighttime and outdoors under the moonlight).
*Write down on separate slips of paper the things you want to release or change.
You will need:
- fire proof cauldron or cooking pot to toss the burning paper inside
- matches or lighter
- water (to put out the fire afterwards)
- smudge sticks for cleansing
Cleanse your sacred area with an opening prayer, a sage smudging, and/or by burning some incense. Invite your guides, angels, masters, or teachers to be at your side throughout the ceremony.
Light one or more candles. Look to the skies. Breathe in the night air.
One by one, read out loud the words you have written on each slip of paper. Set your intention to release the item/addiction/ attitude from your life. Set it to fire and place it in the calderon. If you have a campsite barbecue or bonfire going that’s cool, just toss the slips of paper into the fire one by one. If you are doing this ritual with a group of others take turns reading your words. If these things are too personal to read out loud, read them silently to yourself. Just remember… our words have power. Saying – “Be Gone” audibly and loudly can be very freeing. Go ahead, howl at the moon if you’ve a mind to. Have some fun!
Thank the spirits. Be safe. Put out the fire.