Crystal Ball Gazing is possibly the most popular form of divination. It’s classically seen in movies with a gypsy reading into a crystal ball. In reality, it’s pretty much the same way, with a few variations. Lighting and mood are very important in getting a good reading. I have found that a quiet candlelit area, free of distractions, tends to work best. In terms of your ‘visions’, it will vary person to person and session to session. Some people will see a cloud of colour, whereas some will see a symbol or even a full scenario play out. Your ‘visions’ will vary depending on experience, mood and time.
Light one or two candles in a darkened room. You can hold the crystal or place it on a stand, but it should have a black velvet cloth underneath. Make sure there are no reflections from anything showing in the ball. You can burn some incense (patchouli is a good choice)
Before beginning, centre yourself. Gaze into the ball, but do not stare. Try no to blink much. While you are gazing, breathe in and out slowly and deeply. Just relax and gaze. Do this for at least 15 minutes, and increase your time by 5 minutes with each successive session.
Usually around the second or third session, you will notice a small cloudy glow in the centre of the crystal. This is your focusing area where your visions will appear. You may get a vision on your first try, while others will have to attempt it several times before seeing something. Go at your own pace.
There are also different forms that visions come in. You can get actual visions of people and places, or you can get symbolic pictures. Another vision form is colour clouds.
Vision Colour Cloud Meanings
Blue clouds symbolise success of career or business
Gold clouds symbolise prosperity, steady cash flow and renewed romance to come
Grey/Dark grey clouds symbolise ill fortune
Black clouds symbolise some seriously bad stuff coming one’s way
Green clouds symbolise health, happiness of the heart
Orange clouds symbolise hidden aggression and anger, troubled emotions
Red clouds symbolise danger to come. This person must watch themselves.
Silver clouds symbolise troublesome times ahead followed by goodness
White clouds symbolise very good fortune to come
Yellow clouds symbolise upcoming obstacles
Crystal Ball Reading Technique
1. Darken the room around you. Put the crystal ball on a darksurface that will not reflect any light that will distract you. Have acandle or other form of light shining into and illuminating the ball.The light source can be reflecting up inside the crystal ball stand orbehind the crystal. It can also be shining from behind you into thecrystal ball.
2. Sit comfortably with your spine straight. Keeping your spinestraight enables you to channel all the energy that comes throughyour body when you do your readings. Ground yourself and calmyour mind.
3. Clear the crystal before using it, use the Smudge method. Then charge it using this method:
Hold the crystal ball and rub it with both hands. Then set it back on it’s stand while still maintain your focus. Next point a single-terminated quartz crystal or a crystal wand towards the ballat a distance where you most comfortably feel the two connect.When you feel or sense the subtle connection between the crystaland the ball, begin to circle the single-terminated crystal in aclockwise direction. Maintain the connection between the crystaland the ball. Soon you will feel the crystal ball pulsate. When youfeel it pulsating strongly you can lay your single-terminated crystalor crystal wand down and begin the next step.
4. Diffuse your vision.
5. find a spot in the ball the interests you. Bring all your attentionto that spot. Now look at it in more detail. Allow your intellectualmind to relax. Leave yourself open to any impressions. Don’t haveany preconceptions. Have no judgments. Remain relaxed, openand focused.
6. Now look at that area in still more detail. As you look at thisarea even more closely you may find yourself tensing. If so, take adeep breath and relax as you let it out. Continue to do this untilyou release the tension.
7. Continue to gaze into the particular area, seeing more and moredetail. As you look at this minute detail the crystal ball seems tobecome larger. The more you lose your sense of yourself and areonly conscious of the detail in the crystal space, the larger the ballseems to become. As you are looking, feel yourself opening as if you have no edges or boundaries. Allow yourself to lose your awareness of yourself and just be aware of the crystal ball.
8. Your eyes may or may not close at this point. If they feel likeclosing, let them close and continue to feel as if the crystal isaround you. If your eyes remain open, still feel as if your insidethe crystal. Whether your eyes are open or closed a point isreached where there is no difference between you and the crystal.There is only crystal and just what you are seeing. You are now inan altered state of consciousness or trance state.
9. You may at this point find yourself feeling compelled to dosomething. This may be to breathe in certain ways, move energy ina particular pattern in your body, or to work with the crystal in adifferent manner. Trust yourself and let this compulsion guideyou. Your body may almost involuntarily assume differentpositions. Let it. You may find yourself making sounds. Feel freeto allow this to happen. At the same time there is no necessity toforce it to happen. Successful crystal ball reading doesn’t depend on any of these occurrences.
10. Now either ask specific questions in your mind or use yourwill to guide you to a specific locations that you mentally view. Ifyou haven’t a specific question, mentally refer to your moregeneral purpose in crystal reading at the time. Then let impressionscome and go. Don’t hang onto them but communicate them toanother or out loud into a tape recorder. Let the impressions flowthrough you. Continue to communicate what you see until youhave a feeling of being finished.
11. When you are through, remain with the crystal for a fewminutes. Release any tension. You will feel a sensation of floatinginside the crystal ball. Varied impressions may come and go. Justwatch them pass. In this space are all possibilities, all assistance, all knowledge, and all wisdom.
12. Now, after enjoying this space for a while, slowly begin toback out of the ball. Start to feel edges around yourself while you continue to gaze. Have a feeling of backing up as you becomemore aware of the edges around the ball. If you followed a certain route into the ball, retrace it. Continue until you see the ball in front of you. Become aware of the surface on which you sit. Be aware of your breathing. If your eyes are open, let go of the diffused vision and bring it back to normal. If your eyes are closed, slowly open them. Now stretch and shake yourself a little until you feel completely in your everyday consciousness.
13. Ground yourself. Next, clear your crystal ball, the other single- terminated crystal or crystal wand, yourself, and the room you are in.
14. If you like, cover your ball with cloth or put it in a pouch. Store it in a special place.