WHAT CHAKRAS ARE? Chakras are Entry Gates of the Aura. Within the physical body resides a body double, a spiritual body, that contains the Chakras. The word Chakra in Sanscrit translates to wheel or disc.
They are centres of activity that receives, assimilates and expresses life force energy. They are responsible for the person’s physical, mental, and spiritual functions. They absorb and transmit energies to and from the universe, nature, celestial entities, from people even from things.
According to the traditional writings there are 88,000 chakras in the human body covering basically every area in the body. The majority of them are small and insignificant. 40 of them have significant function and they are in the hands, feet, fingertips, and shoulders.
The most significant ones are the Seven Main Chakras located along the central line of the body, from the base of the spine to the top of the head. They are located in the ethereal body and they express the embodiment of spiritual energy on the physical plane.
HOW CHAKRAS AFFECT US?
The chakras are constantly rotating and vibrating.
The activities in the them influence our Body shape, Glandular processes, Chronic physical ailments, Thoughts, and Behaviour.
When one (or more) of the chakra is blocked and the energy does not flow harmoniously through them, or it is wide open, it will result in imbalance that is manifested in all areas of life. Each chakra is expressed on the physical body in one of the endocrine glands that regulate physical and emotional processes in the body. The imbalance in the chakra will also be expressed in the endocrine gland linked to it.
What blocks a chakra?
Childhood traumas, cultural conditioning, limited belief system, bad habits, physical and emotional injuries. Or even just lack of attention all contribute to chakra blockage.
Difficulties abound in life, for each one, we develop a coping strategy. Ifthese difficulties persist, these coping strategies become chronic patterns, anchored in the body and psyche as defence structures.It is important to recognize the blocks we carry, find and understand their source and meaning, and develop tools to heal them.
The word “chakra” is Sanskrit and it signifies a wheel, which is what you are immediately aware of when you first encounter them, or see them in a text someplace. The idea of the chakras is not new,and goes back to the dawn of humanity. It was however kept secret and only revealed to those few that were ready to learn of the mysteries of life and of the self. A chakra is an energy point in the human body/energy system through which power and life-force flow. There are literally thousands of these points throughout the body.
It is through this Chakra that we connect to the Earth Plane. This Chakra can be found approximately 11 inches beneath your feet and co-ordinates the grounding cord for your lightbody. Many beings on the Earth Plane have often felt a longing or a yearning to be some place other than on the Earth. Some individuals, in order to cope with the brutality of the Earth Plane, are energetically ungrounded so that they are able to float, as it were, and be in what seems to be a safe zone for them.
Incidentally, there is no judgement as to whether our consciousness is here or not here while we are embodied on the Earth. This image shows the true location of the earth star chakra. The crystal in the image is Aqua Aura, which is the correct crystal for the earth star. It quite simply needs to be understood that if we wish to be here and participate through our present embodiment in this transformational period upon the Earth Plane, then we need to be grounded. By being grounded we can respond appropriately from every level of our being to every occurrence or experience in life, there by having the complete experience of being on the Earth Plane as well as being fully present for each of these experiences. While safety may seem to lie outside or beyond our physical bodies, nothing could be further from the truth.
- Location: At the tailbone
- Color: Red /Black
- Tone: E
- Note: C
- Element: Earth
- Sense: Smell
- Stomach: Earth Energy – Yang Organ
- Spleen: Earth Energy – Yin Organ
- The center of physical energy and vitality,the energy to succeed in business or material possessions. Center of manifestations. Throughout the ancient world in historical and mythological stories, the root chakra has been associated with dragons and snakes. Dragons is a symbol for the kundalini fire energy.
- Balanced Energy: Centered, Grounded, Healthy, Fully alive, Unlimited physical energy, Can manifest abundance.
- Excessive Energy: Egoistic, Domineering, Greedy, Sadistic, Sexual energy entirely genital.
- Deficient Energy: Lack of confidence weak, Can’t achieve goals, suicidal, Sexual energy, Feel unlovable, Little interest in sex, Masochistic.
- Illness: Drug addictions, anaemia,cancer,arthritis,heart disease, gynaecological problems,Aids,herpes,candida.
- Glands/Organs: Adrenals, kidneys, spinal column, colon, legs, bones,
- Gems/Minerals: Ruby, Garnet, Bloodstone, Red Jasper, Black Tourmaline, Obsidian, Smoky Quartz, Red Quartz, Red Hematoid Quartz.
- Essential oils and flower essences used to balance this chakra are corn, dematis, rosemary, ylang ylang, myrrh, frankincense, benzoin, patchouli, and sandalwood.
- Foods that fuel this chakra are carrots, potatoes, parsnips, radishes, beets, onions, garlic, eggs, meats, beans, tofu, soy, peanut butter, horseradish, hot paprika, chives, cayenne and pepper.
The first or root chakra governs life lessons involving the material world, such as survival, and stores information involving family beliefs and loyalty, your ability to stand up for yourself, superstition,instincts,physical pain or pleasure, and touch. Your sense of self esteem, safety and security are also based here. An imbalance may be indicated by a loss of interest in the real world and practical survival, obsessions and addictions, volatile emotions, selfishness, restlessness and a lack of energy.
Sacral / Second Chakra
- Location: 1-2 inches below navel slightly to the left side of the body.
- Color: Orange
- Tone: O
- Note: d
- Element: Water
- Sense: Taste
- Bladder: Water Energy Yang
- Kidney: Water Energy Yin Organ
- The second chakra is about friendliness, creativity, sexuality, emotions and intuition on the gut level. It’s influenced by how emotions were expressed or repressed during childhood. The sexual center for women.
- Glands/Organs: Skin, Kidneys, Mammary glands, Ovaries, Testicles, Prostate, Spleen.
- Illness: Kidney weakness, Constipation, Muscle cramps, Lack of energy, Allergies, Repression and inhibition, Loss of weight.
- Balanced Energy: Friendly, Concerned for others, Sense of belonging, Intuitive, Clairsentient, Good sense of humour, Radiate warmth and compassion.
- Excessive Energy: Emotionally explosive, Overly ambitious, Manipulative, Caught up in illusions, Overindulgent, Sexual energy see people as sex objects.
- Deficient Energy: Shy, Timid, Immobilized by fear, Overly sensitive, Self negating, Burdened by guilt, Sexual energy-clinging, Guilty about having sex, Abused, Frigid or impotent.
- Gems/Minerals: Carnelian, Coral, Amber.
- Essential oils and flower essences used to balance this chakra are all citrus oils like neroli, melissa and orange. Also, rose, hibiscus, jasmine and lady’s slipper.
- Foods that fuel this chakra are sweet and tropical fruit like melons, mango, strawberries, passion fruit, oranges, coconut, etc. Honey, nuts, and seeds like almonds, peanuts, walnuts, etc. Spices such as cinnamon, vanilla, carob, sweet paprika, sesame seeds and caraway seeds.
The Second chakra governs life lessons involving blame and guilt, manifesting, money and prosperity, sex, power, control, and it is the base of your creativity and sense of morality. Information stored by this chakra involves feelings of duality, personal magnetism, your patterns of control, your sociability and emotions and feelings. An imbalance may be experienced as an eating disorder, drug or alcohol addiction, depression and intimacy issues.
- Location: Diaphragm
- Colour: White
- Element: Spirit / Soul
- Gems/Minerals: Celestite, merkaba, emerald
The study of the soul is a pursuit both demanding and satisfying. But the deeper the inquiry goes, the more mysterious the subject becomes. What is this entity? The soul is not a thing that can be held with the hands, or heard with the ears, or seen with the eyes. The soul may seem so elusive as to be nothing more than a profound absence, justifying the bleak sense that we are only what we appear to be, and that our spirit is merely a wishful notion. Yet occasionally, as if by grace, there seems to be in our lives a palpable presence of creative power and loving wisdom, the source of which is as close to us as our own true being. Currently there are great treasures emerging from the spiritual disciplines of the world. Humanity’s wisdom teachings are presently accessible to anyone within reach of a bookstore. Today we can find, hidden within the literature of an ageless and worldwide esoteric tradition, an elegant theory and a simple practice that we can use as a map – to find the soul for ourselves.
Solar Plexus – 3rd Chakra
- Location: Belly
- Colour: Yellow
- Tone: A-O-M(ahh-ooo-mm)
- Tone: E
- Element: Fire
- Sense: Sight
- Heart: Fire Energy Yin Organ
- Small Intestine: Fire Energy Yang Organ
- Pericardium: Fire Energy Yin Organ
- Triple Burner: Fire Energy Yang Organ
- Centre of personal power. When the solar plexus is open ,you have found your unique gift, the work that gives you pleasure and makes you feel fulfilled. One way to find your gift is to consider what you most enjoyed doing when you were a child,this will give you clues about your natural inclinations. In marital arts the third chakra is considered the center of Chi,the life force energy (also known as Reiki).
- Glands/Organs: The diaphragm,the breath,adrenals,skin,digestive organs,stomach, duodenum,pancreas,gall bladder,liver.
- Illness: Digestive difficulties,gas,food allergies,liver problems,diabetes, over-sexed,gall stones,muscle cramps,spasm,depression,difficulty breathing.
- Balanced Energy: Outgoing, Cheerful, Self-respect, Respect others, Strong sense of personal power, Skillfull, Intelligent, Relaxed, Spontaneous, Expressive, Take on new challenges, Enjoy physical activities and good food.
- Excessive Energy: Judgmental, Workaholic, Perfectionistic, Overly intellectual, May need drugs to relax, Sexually inhibited, Can’t show emotional warmth.
- Deficient Energy: Depressed, Lack of confidence, Worry about what others think, Confused, Poor digestion, Afraid of being alone, Sexual energy-insecure, Need constant reassurance, Jealous, Distrustful.
- Gems/Minerals: Citrine, gold topaz, amber, tiger eye, gold calcite, and gold, Orange Quartz.
- Essential oils and flower essences used to balance this chakra are yarrow, chamomile, peppermint, lemon juniper, vertivert, petigrain, majoram.
- Foods that fuel this chakra are ranola, grains, pasta, bread, cereal, rice, flax seed. Dairy foods like milk, cheese, yogurt. Spices like ginger mints, melissa, chamomile, tumeric, cumin and fennel.
The Third chakra governs life lessons involving self esteem, a fear of rejection, or an oversensitivity to criticism, distorted self image, and a fear of your secrets being found out. Information stored involves your personal power, your personality, your sense of ‘knowing’ and your sense of belonging. An imbalance may manifest as a difficulty concentrating, poor ability to make decisions, or to judge a situation accurately, a feeling that you are more important, or less than, other people and trouble taking action or getting things done.
Sacred Heart – lower heart
- Location: Just below the heart chakra to the left.
- Colour: unknown
- Element: Ether
- Gems/Minerals: Herkimer Diamond
- Sacred Heart chakra is locationed just below the heart chakra and can also be found in the auric field to the left side of the body and is the lower point of the etheric heart of the causal body or etheric body as it is known.
- Placing a Herkimer Diamond over the sacred heart chakra will help access this energy, bringing a sense of clarity, balance, and direction when there is confusion.
Heart Chakra – Middle Heart
- Location: Center of the chest.
- Colour: Green or pink.
- Tone: A
- Note: F#
- Element: Nature
- Sense: Touch
- Gallbladder: Wood Energy – Yang Organ
- Liver: Wood Energy – Yin Organ
- The heart chakra is the center of compassion,when the heart is open, you transcend the limits of your people, plants, animals, all of life. This is the humanitarian center,you care about social causes. like saving the whales and the planet earth.
- Glands/Organs: Heart, Lungs, Immune system, Thymus Gland, Lymph glands.
- Illness: Heart pain, Heart attack, High blood pressure, Negativity, Fatigue, Difficulty breathing, Tension, Insomnia, Anger, Paranoia, Cancer.
- Balanced Energy: Compassionate, Empathetic, Humanitarian, See the good in everyone, Desire to nurture others, Friendly, Outgoing, In touch with feelings, Sexual energy-can surrender and merge in a love relationship, Can wait for the right partner.
- Excessive Energy: Demanding, Overly critical, Possessive, Moody, Melodramatic, Manic-depressive, Use money or sex to control people. Martyra master of conditional love “I love you if” withhold love to get the desired behavior: “You wouldn’t do that if you really loved me.”
- Deficient Energy: Paranoid, Feel sorry for yourself, Indecisive, Afraid of letting go and be free. Sexual energy, Feel unworthy love, Can’t reach out, Terrified of rejection, Need constant reassurance.
- Gems/Minerals: Emerald, Green Tourmaline, Pink Tourmaline, Malachite, Green Jade, Green Adventurine, Rose Quartz, Moss agate.
- Essential oils and flower essences to balance this chakra include holly, poppy, rose, eucalyptus, pine, bergamot, melissa, jasmine, rosewood
- Foods that fuel this chakra are spinach, kale, dandelion, greens, broccoli, cauliflour, cabbage, celery, squash, etc. Liquids like green and herbal teas and spices like basil, sage, thyme, cilantro and parsley.
The Fourth chakra governs life lessons involving love and compassion, self confidence, and self acceptance, inspiration and hope, generousity, and on the flip-side, feelings of hate, despair, envy, fear and jealousy. Information stored includes the connections or ‘heart strings’ to those we love. An imbalance may be felt as a lack of self discipline, difficulty in relationships, attempts to life vicariously thorugh others, and depending on someone else for happiness.
Thymus Chakra – higher Heart – 10th Chakra
- Thymus Location: between the throat and heart area
- Colour: Purple / Blue
- Sound: HU L.
- Element: Air / Ether
- Gems/Minerals: Aqua Aura, Amazonite, Aquamarine, Apophyllite, Chysocolla, Gem Silica, Idocrase, Phrenite, Turquoise
- Essential Oils: tea tree, thyme and Clary sage.
- Spiritual lessons: Portal into the universal akashic records and it is through this chakra that we communicate with the higher powers, first source our god.
- Mantra : I AM, I AM
- Asended Thymus – Left
- Asended Thymus – Right
First you must focus on is the thymus gland area by visualizing a purple blue light: like a candle flame on the upper chest below the throat area and above the heart chakra area in the center of your body. The purple blue flame should be visualized right there and that it is the size of a candle flame once you do it for 20 minutes. Then on the last ten minutes you should expand the purple blue flame of your soul seat through your imagination to about 12 feet around you engulfing everything, during this stage you will feel warmth in that area as well as power full. OK. For one you must do this thirty minutes every day .
Throat – 5th Chakra- Bottom of the neck.
- Color: Light blue,turquoise.
- Tone: U
- Note: G#
- Element: Air/Ether
- Sense: Hearing
- Lung: Ether Energy – Yin Organ
- Large Intestine: Ether Energy – Yang Organ
- Speech, sound, vibration, communication, creativity, telepathy, inspiration. This is the center for communication, when this center is open, you will have a powerful desire to talk about what you’re experiencing. When you do this, some of your old friends will fall away, but your true friends will always be there for you, so let go of the ones who are uncomfortable with the new person you are becoming. You’ll find that there are many new and wonderful friends who will be magnetically drawn to you as your own energy changes.
- Glands/Organs: Thyroid, Parathyroid, Throat, Mouth, Teeth.
- Illness/Problems: Communication and/or speech problems, Knowledge used unwisely, Ignorance, Lack of discernment, Thyroid and immune system problems.
- Balanced Energy: Contented, Centered, Can live in the present, Sense of timing, Good speaker, Artistic, Can meditate and experience Divine Energy, Sexual energy, Can seek bliss through meditation.
- Excessive Energy: Arrogant, Self-righteous, Talk too much, Dogmatic, Addictive, Sexual energy-macho, Prefers partners who can be dominated.
- Deficient Energy: Scared, Timid, Hold back, Quiet, Inconsistent, Unreliable, Weak, Devious, Manipulative, Can’t express your thoughts, Sexual energy-can’t relax, Feel conflict with your religious upbringing, May be afraid of sex.
- Gems/Minerals: Turquoise, Chrysocolla, Blue topaz, Aquamarine.
- Essential oils and flower essences used to balance this chakra are cosmos, trumpet vine, larch, blue chamomile, sage, lemongrass, geranium, hyssop
- Foods that fuel this chakra are liquids in general, like water, fruit juices and herbal teas, tart or tangy fruit like lemon, lime, grapefruit and kiwi, other tree growing fruit like apples, plums, pears, peaches, apricots, etc and spices like salt and lemongrass.
The fifth chakra governs life lessons involving self expression and speaking one’s truth, creativity (especially in writing and speaking), faith, and making decisions and will power, and on the flip side, issues of addiction, the need to critisize, lack of authority and indecisiveness. Information stored include self knowledge and truth,attitudes,and the sense of hearing, taste and smell. An imbalance can be felt as a difficulty in self expression, poor learning ability, habitual lying, fear, doubt and uncertainty.
The Cerebellum chakra is located on the back of the head and is positioned at the base. T-+his centre is also known as the well of dreams. It is through this centre at we learn such skills as internal vision. Internal vision is the human version of an x-ray or nuclear magnetic resonance (MMR) process and is just as sophisticated. Internal vision includes the ability to look into the body at range and see wants to see. I have also noticed the there is energy active in this centre while working with peripheral vision. Crystal that aid with opening this centre are: Spirit Amethyst, and Selenite.
Ajna – Brow Chakra – 6th Chakra
- Location: It’s location at the front of the head is between the eyebrows at the third eye.
- Colour: Indigo. A combination of blue and red
- Tone: OM (O represents the Sun or the third eye, M represents the Moon or medulla.)
- Element: Electrical or telepathic energy.
- Sense: Thought
- The third eye is the center of psychic powers and higher intuition, you can receive guidance,channeling,and tune into your higher self. This is the center that enabels you to experience telepathy, astral travel and past lives.
- Glands/Organs: pituitary, brain, eyes, ears, nose.
- Illness: Confusion, Mental illness, Bad eyesight, Lack of clarity, Psychic exhaustion.
- Balanced Energy: Charismatic, Can receive guidance, Not attached to material things, No fear of death, Master of yourself, Sexual energy-you no longer need another person to complete yourself.
- Excessive Energy: Egomaniac, Proud, Manipulative, Religiously dogmatic, Authoritarian.
- Deficient Energy: Non assertive, Undisciplined, Over sensitive to the feelings of others, Afraid of success, Schitzophrenic (unable to distinguish between Ego self and Higher self).
- Gems/Minerals: Lapis lazuli, Azurite, Sodalite, Quartz crystal, Sapphire, Chevron Amethyst, Amethyst.
- Essential oils and flower essences used to balance this chakra are wild oat, Queen Anne’s lace, madia, rosemary, lavender, peppermint, spruce, frankincense, patchouli, clemi, clary sage
- Foods that fuel this chakra are blueberries, read and concord grapes, blackberries, raspberries, and liquids such as red wine and grape juice and spices such as lavender, poppy seed and mugwort.
The Sixth chakra governs life lessons of understanding, ‘reality checks’, detachments, openmindedness, trusting your intuition and instincts, and developing your psychic abilities. Self realisation and releasing hidden or repressed negative thinking. Information stored include seeing things clearly (symbolically or literally), wisdom, intuition, and intellect. An imbalance might be felt as a learning disability, coordination problems or sleep disorders.
Crown 7th Chakra
- Location: The entire top of the head
- Colour: Violet(Gold)
- Tone: Ee
- Note: high b
- Element: Cosmic Energy
- Sense: Thought
- Glands/Organs: Pituitary, Pineal, Nervous system, Brain, Cerebral cortex, Right eye.
- Illness: Stress, worry, hysteria, right-left brain balance, headache, depression.
- Balanced Energy: Miracle worker, Can transcend the laws of nature, Total access to the unconscious and the subconscious.
- Excessive Energy: Constant sense of frustration, Unrealized power, Psychotic, Depressed, Manic depressive, Migraine headaches, Destructive, Sexual expression, Sometimes passionate, Sometimes distant.
- Deficient Energy: No spark of joy, Catatonic, Can’t make descision
- Gems/Minerals: Amethyst, Diamond, Sugilite, Purple fluorite, Quartz crystal.
- Essential oils and flower essences that balance this chakra include lotus, angelica, star tulip, frankincense, sandalwood, myrrh, jasmine, benzoin, neroli, lavender
The Seventh chakra governs life lessons of intuitive knowing, integration of the whole Self, spirituality, living in the now, discovery of the Divine, the ability to see the big picture in the stream of life, devotion, inspiration, values, ethics, trust, selflessness, humanitarianism. The information stored includes your connection to the Divine, your life’s purpose, your connection to past lives and immortality. An imbalance may be felt as a lack of purpose, loss of meaning or identity, mental illness and senility.
8th Chakra Causal Body
- Location: At the base of the skull or Cerebellum and is also found to be linked to the causal chakra just above the crown chakra to the left in the etheric body.
- Colour: Black
- Element: Etheric
- Sound: “ee oh eh”
- Gems/Minerals: Citrine Quartz, Sugilite, Amethyst, Chevron Amethyst, Spirit Amethyst
- This centre enables the individual to achieve advanced out-of-body projection, etheric projection, spiritual perception, and spiritual wisdom. I use the word spiritual here because these abilities and ideas are larger than the self and the earth and is were the ability of remote viewing resides. 8th Chakra (Etheric Body) – center for release – color is black – sound is “ee oh eh”
Pineal / 9th Chakra
- Location: Pineal Gland
- Colour: Golden
- Element: Celestial Light
- Gems/Minerals: Clear Quartz, Rutilated Quartz, Golden Healers Quartz, Pietersite
- Solar – Cosmic Fire
- The Pineal Gland is about the size of a pea, and is in the center of the brain in a tiny cave behind and above the pituitary gland which lies a little behind the root of the nose. It is located directly behind the eyes, attached to the third ventricle. this chakra is also known as the upper dan tien.
I want you to visualize the center of your brain or head. Just visualize a golden sun there and the size of that golden sun is the size of a ping pongee ball and do it for ten minutes. After the ten minutes please visualize the golden sun is growing full size of your head and filling your head and shining outwards for about ten more minutes. Then visualize the golden energy as a golden water spout, springing right out from your head through the crown chakras, like water from the water fountain and go up in the air about two feet or three feet and then with your mind’s eye again seeing the golden water coming back down and hit, wetting and soaking your whole body, clothing, aura and organs, skins etc. In this golden energy of water bath and showers will create the light body and bringing back or activate your two helix DNA strand in to a twelve helix DNA (light body type ) and all of your 72,000 psychic channels or chakras, both major and minor will be open and fully developed.
The Soulstar about a foot above the head which brings in spiritual energy from the spiritual core
- Location: about a foot above the head
- Color: silver or ultraviolet
- Source of: past knowledge, karmic memory
- Seat of: time & timelessness, karma, portals in and through this time/space continuum soul chakra and soul genes and templates, personal archetypes and symbols
- Crystals: Scolecite, Ajoite, Dream Quartz, Metamorphosis Quartz, Tanzanite, Tanzan Aura, Selenite, Zircon, Danburite.
- The Soul Star Chakra- The Transpersonal Point is located about 9 inches above the center of the head is the Transpersonal point. Place a hand there and a tingling sensation in the palm identifies the center. Its color is clear and is activated by selenite or zircon. Through the Transpersonal point the soul is manifested into matter, it carries the individual’s reasons to incarnate into this lifetime. Other names for this center include “Soul Star” and “Heavenly Chi”.
God’s Head / 12th Chakra
- Location: 12 inches” above the crown
- Colour: Magenta
- Sound : LEEE
- Element: Unknown Cosmos
- Gems/Minerals: Selenite, Golden ‘C’ , Diamond.
- The God’s Head Can be found just above the head if looked upon, it looks like a gold band of energy or a halo.
The god.s head is made up of three points, Activity, Will, and Wisdom. It is linked with the monadic plain (second cosmic ether) for thousands of years in magic circles they have known the god’s head as the cloud of knowledge. It is here that we find the light language of the first source and it is through active intelligence that we link into the god.s head. The vehicle of the higher consciousness, and the temple of the indwelling God, through the generic mind of the human instrument. As we link the hara laser line and align with the god’s head we can draw energy down through the crown chakra.
- Location: 15 inches” above the crown
- Colour: Shimmering Gold
- Sound : LEEE
- Gems/Minerals: Diamond.
- The chakra of the grand portal is located 15 inches above the crown chakra. its colour is a shimmering gold. this chakra hold the universal aspect of our being, and teaches us that all is one universal flow of energy. the sound of the chakra is LEEE. and it work well with a diamond and our light bodies.
Chakra & Crystal Chart
Etheric Heart Location
The centers below the diaphragm, i.e., the solar plexus center, the sacral center and the center at the base of the spine, are controlled by the four ethers of the planetary physical plane; the centers above the diaphragm, i.e., the heart center, the throat center, the ajna center and the head center, are controlled by the four cosmic ethers, to which we give the names of the energies of the buddhic plane, the energies of the atmic plane, the energies of the monadic plane and the energies of the logoic plane. The First Ether flow through the Physical permenent atom of the etheric heart and then into the sacred heart chakra just below the heart chakra to the left. The Astral Permenent Atom is found in the emotional body and moves through the heart chakra. While the energy of the mental unit moves through the thymus chakra.
Affirmations for the Chakras
Root Chakra – red – grounding and home base
1. My body is becoming more important to me. I nurture it constantly.
2. I am taking responsibility for my life. I can cope with any situation.
3. I recognizethe abundance of love, trust, and care surrounding me.
4. My internal mother is always here for me, protecting, nourishing, and soothing me.
5. I deserve the best that life has to offer. My needs are always met.
6. I am connected to Mother Earth and know the security of being grounded in reality, in the moment.
Sacral Chakra – orange – pleasure centre
1. I am moving toward a time when I am totally happy and fulfilled. Life offers me everything I need for that journey.
2. I am worthy of love and sexual pleasure.
3. I have a right to express my desires to myself and others.
4. Who I am is good enough.
5. Life is unfolding as it should.
6. I am prepared to honour my body and feel good about my sexuality.
Solar Plexus Chakra – yellow – energy centre
1. I accept and value myself exactly as I am.
2. I know I am becoming the best person I can be.
3. I determine to treat myself with honour and respect.
4. My personal power is becoming stronger each day.
5. I am my own person. I choose how to think and behave.
6. I deserve all the love, respect, joy, and prosperity that comes to me. I am open to receiving all life’s good things.
Heart Chakra – green – love centre
1. I send love to everyone I know, all hearts are open to receive my love.
2. I accept that pain is an essential part of my growth and development.
3. I love myself for who I am and for the potential within me.
4. All past hurt I release into the hands of love.
5. I am grateful for all the love that is in my life.
6. Other people deserve my compassion.
7. The love I feel for myself and for others is unconditional.
8. Love will set me free. Others love the best they can. If someone doesn’t love me ‘enough’, they may be limited in their _expression of love and deserve my compassion.
Throat Chakra – deep blue – communication
1. I am starting to speak up for myself.
2. What I have to say is worthy of being listened to.
3. I delight in my self _expression and in all my creative pursuits.
4. I listen to and acknowledge the needs and wants of others.
5. I always speak from the Heart.
6. My thoughts and speech are considered before I utter them.
7. My voice is becoming stronger and more compelling.
Third Eye Chakra – purple – psychic intuition
1. I recognize the need for silence and stillness in my life.
2. The answers to all my questions lie within me.
3. I trust my inner self to guide and protect me.
4. I trust my feelings.
5. I have nothing to prove. I am the Divine Plan manifesting itself.
6. I am full of wisdom.
7. I trust that my imagination will create a world of happiness and security for me.
8. Imagination is the life-blood of my creativity.
9. I choose to accept myself and others exactly as we are. 10. Making mistakes enables me to learn, grow and develop.
Crown Chakra – white – spiritual connectedness
1. I tune into the union with my Higher Power.
2. I am starting to accept myself as I am, with love and gratitude.
3. I cease to limit myself intellectually and in my creativity and connect my spirit to the Source of all knowledge.
4. I am a unique, radiant loving being.
5. I choose to live my life from a place of love and contentment.
6. I choose to transform my life and become free.
7. I release all limited thoughts and lift myself up to ever higher levels of awareness.
8. I am who I am and glory in that.
Affirmations taken from ‘The book of Chakra Healing’ by Liz Simpson.
Rebalancing The Chakras
Chakras are together a system of energy which flows around your body. Chakras need to be in balance, otherwise they can cause both emotional and physical problems, the most common being a sense of upsetand inability to cope well with problems and a general sense of illness. Chakras can become unbalanced for a number of reasons, but most common reason is simply the stresses of everyday life which can pull the chakras out of sync. If you have experienced a bad or stressful time in your life recently then your chakras are probably out of line.
The rebalancing of chakras is a simple process. There are many different ways to rebalance your chakra system but the most popular are by dowsing and by placing chakra co-ordinated crystals on the chakras. It is important to keep your charkas well balanced to avoid physical and emotional problems which could have easily have been avoided. But, chakra rebalancing doesn’t simply focus on the problems that miss-alignment can cause but more the illnesses and injuries that it can help to heal. After a rebalancing session most people feel better within themselves, with ailments being reduced, sometimes this feeling will last and one treatment will be sufficient to heal you, but sometimes you may need to repeat the balancing process a few times before the problem is resolved. Although you should not constantly balance your charkas; it’s best to do it around once a day if you have a reoccurring problem. Also, regardless of the technique used you should try and relax during chakra balancing.
To rebalance using crystals you simply use seven crystals, one for each of the major chakras, lie down and place one on each chakra and leave there for ten minutes, but each crystal you use must be one that goes with the chakra you are placing it one. As I have already mentioned, chakras have associated colours, the most basic, but still reliable, way to find a crystal which will match each chakra is to get a crystal which corresponds to the chakras colour. The issue of which crystals best suit which charkas is dealt with in more depth later on. It is important that you remember that once you have had your chakras balanced you should continue to lie in a calm, relaxed state for a further ten minutes before getting up, as the rebalancing can cause you to feel slightly light headed or dizzy.
To rebalance your chakras through dowsing you’ll need a pendulum of any sort, and, if possible, a friend to do it for you. The only reason why this is best for someone else to do is thatitis hard for a person to be able to reach to dowse over their own chakras. When attempting dowsing chakras you should always try to keep your mind balance and open and free from any negative thoughts. It’s best to do this when you are feeling grounded and not worrying over troubles of your own, as you can pass your negativity onto the person who you are dowsing over. Whilst you can dowse with a pendulum of any kind many people find that using a crystal pendulum is the best way to do it, as you get the healing power of the crystal too.
There are three main crystals used for chakra dowsing for particular problem areas, clear quartz is good for physical healing, rose quartz is good for emotional healing, and amethyst is good for spiritual healing. Sometimes people prefer to use a crystal that particularly helps with the chakra they are having problems with. With a steady hand, hold your pendulum over the person’s root chakra whilst they are lying down, hold it there and wait to see if there are any signs of movement. If the pendulum begins to move allow it to continue until it gradually winds to a stop, or if it seems as though it won’t stop move on after about five minutes, or as long as your wrist can stay there. Continue doing this all of the way up the main chakra points. When the pendulum moves it indicates that there is blockage over that particular chakra, the subsequent movement of the pendulum is the rebalancing. If you encounter chakra points that the pendulum refuses to stop moving over then this most likely indicates that the problem is deep seated and will need some further dowsing to fully remove, in this case a daily dowsing is best, until the chakras are fully balanced.
As with everything to do with crystal healing it’s very much a matter of personal choice which crystals you pick to work on each chakra with. If a crystal particularly appeals to you then use it. Crystals cannot harm you, the worst they can do is fail to help you. A good way to set out with crystals is to buy a selection and try each one out, finally selecting the ones which work best for you, although beware, your friends may not have the same response to them as you, for instance plenty of people love jade but personally it sends shivers down my spine. There are many pre-selected chakra kits available for you to buy as a whole, and if you like the crystals in them then they can be a good introduction to chakra work, but often it works out cheaper and better to buy your own individual crystals. In the end just do what feels right for you.
Chakra Opening Meditation
Do this meditation for 7 to 10 breaths (you can do more if you like). Chant the sound several times each breath.
Opening the Root Chakra
Let the tips of your thumb and index finger touch.Concentrate on the root chakra at the spot between your genitals and anus. Chant the sound ‘LAM’
Opening the Sacral/Navel Chakra
Put your hands in your lap, palms up, on top of each other. Left hand underneath, its palm touching the back of the fingers of the right. The tips of the thumbs touch gently. Concentrate on the sacral chakra at the sacral bone (on the lower back). Chant the sound ‘VAM’
Opening the Solar Plexus Chakra
Put your hands before your stomach, slightly below your solar plexus. Let your fingers join at the tips, all pointing away from you. Cross the thumbs. It is important to straighten the fingers. Concentrate on the solar plexus chakra located on the spine, a bit above the level of the navel. Chant the sound ‘RAM’
Opening the Heart Chakra
Sit cross legged. Let the tips of your index finger and thumb touch. Put your left hand on your left knee and your right hand in front of the lower part of your breastbone (soalittle above the solar plexus). Concentrate on the heart chakra at the spine, in level with the heart. Chant the sound ‘YAM’
Opening the Throat Chakra
Cross your fingers on the inside of your hands, without the thumbs. Let the thumbs touch at the top, and pull them slightly up. Concentrate on the throat chakra at the base of the throat. Chant the sound ‘HAM’
Opening the Brow/Third Eye Chakra
Put your hands before the lower part of your breast. the middle fingers are straight and touch at the tops, pointing forward. The other fingers are bent inward and touch at the upper two phalanges. the thumbs point toward you and touch at the tips. Concentrate on the brow chakra slightly above the point between the eyebrows. Chant the sound ‘OM‘ or ‘AUM’
Opening the Crown Chakra
Put your hands before your stomach. Let the ring fingers point up, touching at their tops. Cross the rest of your fingers with the left thumb underneath the right. Concentrate on the crown chakra at the top of your head. Chant the sound ‘NG’ DO NOT use this meditation for the Crown chakra unless you have a strong Root Chakra. You need a strong foundation first.
The Balanced Chakra System
It is possible to be relatively balanced through the chakras without being an enlightened master. People who have done lot of their own healing work or were lucky in their upbringing may be relatively balanced.
What would this look like?
The person would be:
- well grounded and in touch with their body,
- in good health and vitality,
- aware of their feelings without being ruled by them,
- sexually content without being driven,
- with balanced third chakra they would have confidence and confidence without dominating others,
- the heart would be compassionate and loving, yet centred and peaceful,
- could communicate feelings or ideas with truth and clarity and be ableto listen to others,
- their upper chakra would bring imagination, wisdom and a personal connection with spirit.
This is an ideal we hope to strive. We all have the means to achieve it, only it takes time, patience and dedication. The work depend entirely on the person’s structure and the practitioner’s style. The main thing to remember is that body, soul, mind and spirit together with the seven chakras, are one invisible whole. Here are some questions that can help you figure out if you need to open or balance your chakras:
- Are you experiencing problems with your physical health?
- Do you find yourself procrastinating all the time and never seem to accomplish your goals?
- Is money issues or your home a constant trigger of stress and anxiety for you?
- Do you physically hurt yourself?
- Have you ever attempted or contemplated suicide?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, your troubles may be caused by a blocked or unbalanced root chakra.
- Do you find yourself emotionally unstable?
- Do you tend to hide or control your feelings?
- Are you lacking creativity and the ability to think outside the box?
- Is it difficult for you to be open to intimacy?
- Do you have sexual issues such as impotence?
- Is it difficult for you to live in the present moment?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, you may have a blocked or unbalanced sacral chakra.
- Do you seem to have a lack of focus in life and an inability to concentrate?
- Are you constantly worried about what other people think?
- Do you seem to have a lack of self-esteem and confidence in yourself?
- Is your mind often clouded and you find it hard to make decisions?
- Do you find yourself taking on more responsibility than you can reasonably handle?
- Are you often obsessed with making sure everything you do is perfect?
- Is it difficult for you to be alone?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, your trouble may be linked to your navel chakra.
- Do you have difficulty accepting yourself the way you are or lack self-love?
- Are you experiencing a lack of freedom in your life?
- Do you have difficulty making up your mind and find yourself indecisive?
- Are you always saying “yes” to other people’s demands and requests?
- Is it difficult for you to “put your foot down” and simply say “no” to people?
- Do you fear rejection or being abandoned by other people?
- Do you struggle with jealousy and find yourself envious of others?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, you may need to open or balance your heart chakra.
- Do you have difficulty expressing yourself and your beliefs?
- Do you lack trust in others?
- Does your life lack organization?
- Do you constantly worry about financial security and constantly chase material things?
- Are you shy by nature and have trouble holding a conversation with other people?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, this could be linked to a blocked or unbalanced throat chakra.
- Do you lack intuition or insight in life?
- Are you constantly hanging onto negative thoughts and find it difficult to overcome fear or anxiety?
- Do you find yourself living in a fantasy or dream world and not in reality?
- Do you struggle with depression or always feel lonely?
- Are you too hard on yourself and lack self-pride?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, you may need to open or balance your third eye chakra.
- Does your life lack spirituality or a connection to God?
- Do you lack a sense of purpose in life?
- Do you lack faith in any religion or form of spirituality because you are too caught up with yourself or ego?
If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, you may need to open or balance your crown chakra.
HOW CAN WE BALANCE AND HEAL THE CHAKRAS?
We can influence our chakras, our health, and our lives byusing different techniques such as:
- Healing, such as Reiki
- Color therapy
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique)
- Musical Composition Incorporating Potent Brainwave and Chakra Harmonics
- Conscious breathing
- Physical exercises
- Guided Visualization
- Positive thinking
- Balancing: Using your Hands,a Pendulum
- Crystals and Gemstones
Balancing Your Chakras in a Colour Bath
Begin by sitting comfortably. Take a deep breath in through your nose, and exhale out through your mouth.
Do this three times. Now begin by picturing the white light of God and of Universal love swirling around you in a counter-clockwise motion, starting at your feet, and moving up towards your head. Picture this motion of white light going around you three times, each time starting at the bottom of your feet and moving upwards.
Next, start a little bit above your head, picture a purple (crown chakra – which brings in spirit) light swirling around, try counter-clockwise, if that doesn’t quite feel right, trying move the purple light in a clockwise motion. How does it feel? Does it move easily, or does it feel hard to move the purple light around? If it feels “stuck” keep picturing this purple light moving in the direction you have chosen clockwise or counter-clockwise.
Now take that purple light and picture it swirling around your body, swirling down toward your feet and back up again going in a clockwise or counter-clockwise motion. Once you have done this, you can move on, the purple light may be moving with ease, or feel heavy and stuck. The heavy or stuck feeling just means that the chakra is unbalanced, but the more you work at this on a daily basis, the more it will open up and balance and begin to move with ease. Moving the different color lights in a clockwise motion brings in energy to that chakra, moving the different color lights in a counter-clockwise motion repel incoming energy or protect that chakra.
Now let’s move to the area on the forehead which is the third-eye chakra (which is your intuitive area). Begin by picturing an indigo color light in a circular motion clockwise or counter-clockwise, whichever “feels” easier or better. Picture it moving until you feel that it is clear or moving in an easy motion, now take that indigo light and swirl it around your body, in a clockwise or counter-clockwise motion down to your feet and back up to your head. You can move the light up and down your body, once you feel you have finished with that particular chakra and are ready to move on.
Next is the throat area (throat chakra, which holds anger and the ability to speak up for oneself). Picture a light blue light going in a clockwise or counter-clockwise motion. Same as above until it moves with ease or you feel you need to move on. Don’t expect all these chakras to have a “clear” or “easy” feeling the first time you do this. It may take several times before the chakras will change and become clear and balanced (the color moving with ease). Picture the blue light swirling around your body in a clockwise or counter-clockwise motion down your body to your feet and back up again to your head.
The chest area, which is known as the heart chakra (which is the center of love for self, and being able to love). This color is pink or green. Pick one of the colors and picture it moving in a clockwise or counter-clockwise motion. When you are ready you can then swirl it around your body and down to your feet and back up to your head.
The diaphragm chakra (located right below your breastbone or in the stomach area) is the color of yellow, and relates to emotional issues, once again picture the yellow going clockwise or counter-clockwise. When you are ready you can then swirl it around your body and down to your feet and back up to your head.
Different chakras may move in different directions. They do not all have to go in the same direction, and will not always be the same, let your intuition be your guide.
The belly chakra color is orange (this relates to sexuality) repeat sequence as stated above. Moving the color light clockwise or counter-clockwise and then down and up the body. Lastly the root chakra color is red and located in the pelvic area (this relates to safety and security in all aspects of life). Swirl the color light in the chakra area and then down and up the body.
This meditation should begin to bring in healing colors and light into your spiritual being to help you to cope and deal with different aspects of your life in a more meaningful way. You will be more peaceful, life will make more sense, you will be spreading your rainbow of light out toward other people around you, and they will respond to you in a more positive way.
Another way in which I use this tool is to do this to friends and family who are having a difficult time. This is called distant healing. I can picture the person in my mind’s eye and send them the white light. I picture the white light starting at their feet and swirling it around their body three times. I then use the different color lights relating to each chakra; purple, indigo, light blue, pink or green, yellow, orange, and red, using each color light and swirling it around their chakra and then down and up their body. I’m often told they feel more relaxed and more peaceful and better able to handle what is currently going on in their lives at that moment.
Working with Your Chakras
Much of your psychic information comes through your chakras, the energy centers in your body. In this chapter, you will examine seven major chakra centers of the human body. Then you will learn how to perform exercises that will help you open and balance these energy centers. Balanced chakras will help you in your psychic development, so let’s get started!
Your Body’s Psychic Energy
Energy is believed to be the basis of all matter. Under that principle, anything that can be transformed into pure energy can be transmitted through the dimensions of time. Perhaps you remember watching Star Trek on television. When Captain Kirk ordered, “Beam me up, Scotty!” he would dissolve into a shimmering mass of energy and be transported through space back to the Enterprise. In a way, this is how psychic information is received — through transference of psychic energy.
The psychic energy can be converted into images that may be processed through the five different senses: sight, sound, touch, taste, and smell. To get good reception, the psychic must keep her receiver well tuned. If a psychic blocks her ability to receive, the signal or energy will not come through. On the other hand, if she isn’t aware that her channels are open, she may get a stronger signal then she wanted. Knowing when and how much to open your psychic energy flow is a delicate skill that is achieved with practice and patience. Once you learn to keep your psychic equipment in good working order, you will be able to tune in with the confidence that you will receive an energy signal that can be trusted and relied on.
The Aura Field
A field of energy called an “aura” surrounds your body. If this field is interrupted for some reason, the energy will not flow evenly. Your chakras are an essential part of this energy flow. If one or more of them is closed, then the energy is blocked at these points. Energy blocks throw your aura out of balance. Blocked energy that is not cleared can lead to serious consequences. This can affect your mental, physical, and spiritual health. Blocked energy can also severely impede your spiritual and psychic development. As you learn to tune your chakras, you will also balance your aura and advance your intuitive gifts. Many psychics are able to perceive other people’s auras. Some sense it visually, as colors or streaks of energy. Others may feel them physically or mentally. Each psychic interprets what he or she experiences differently.
What does the term “chakra” mean?
The word “chakra” comes from the Sanskrit word for “wheel.” Hindu and Buddhist religions believe that the human body has a series of energy centers. These centers act as openings for universal energies to pass through the body’s aura. Like wheels, the chakras vibrate and turn at different speeds to help receive and distribute the energy.
The Seven Chakra Centers
There are seven major chakra centers in the human body, as well as many minor ones. Note that each chakra center has a related endocrine gland that secretes hormones. The better your energy centers and your glands work together, the greater the opportunity is for your body, mind, and soul to be in harmony with each other.
The seven chakra centers are the following:
The base, or root, chakra (Muladara). The lowest of the seven major centers, this chakra is located at the base of the spine and is the simplest of the seven. It relates to your physical strength and animalistic nature, as well as the senses of taste and smell. It is in the base chakra that the kundalini energy waits in coiled readiness to respond to your basic needs. (According to the Yogis, kundalini energy is the psychospiritual energy that is a powerful source of many psychic experiences.) This chakra controls the gonads.
The sacral, or belly, chakra (Svadishana). Located just below the navel, near the genitals, the sacral chakra controls sexual energy and reproduction and may affect your health when out of balance. It influences the release of adrenaline in your body and can keep it on a high state of alert when influenced by stress. This chakra also controls what is known as the cells of Leydig, testicular or ovarian cells that secrete testosterone.
The solar plexus chakra (Manipura). Located below the breastbone and above the navel, the solar plexus chakra is the center where mediums get their psychic information. The solar plexus chakra controls the adrenal glands; when it is out of balance, it can affect your stomach, liver, and pancreas.
The heart chakra (Anahata). Located in the center of the chest and in the middle of your shoulder blades, the heart chakra relates to the Universal Mind and emotions such as love, honesty, and caring. If it becomes blocked, it can affect your heart, lungs, and breathing. It also rules your thymus gland.
The throat chakra (Visudda). Located at the top of the throat, the throat chakra relates to creativity, self-expression, and the creative arts, including music, art, and writing. When its center is blocked, your throat, ears, eyes, nose, and mouth may be affected. This chakra rules the thyroid gland.
The forehead, or third eye, chakra (Ajna). Located between your eyebrows in the center of your forehead, the forehead, or third eye, chakra relates to your pituitary gland and your psychic ability. When this center is blocked, it can affect your head, eyes, and brain.
The crown chakra (Sahasrara). Located at the top of your head, the crown chakra will not open until all six of the other chakras are balanced. When it is open, you experience the highest connection to the Universal Mind by your mental, physical, and spiritual self. The crown chakra controls the pineal gland.
The Universal Life Force enters the body through the crown chakra at the top of the head. As it works its way down through your body, it flows through the other centers. As it spreads to the base chakra, it arouses the kundalini energy, which yogis believe sleeps in a coiled serpentine form. It is the external Universal Life Force that this book identifies as the Universal Mind that you first connect with when you focus beyond your third eye to the top of your head. The Universal Life Force energy is what you feel when your third eye vibrates or swells. It is this external energy form that helps increase psychic ability.
An Exercise of Balance
It is possible that one or more of your chakras may be blocked as a result of many different situations. The cause may be stress, or it could be a mental, spiritual, or physical condition. Be aware that it is almost impossible to keep all of your chakras in balance all the time. Once you grow sensitive to feeling the balance of your chakras, you will be able to sense when the balance is broken. At that point, you can take the steps to bring yourself back in balance. The goal of this basic balance exercise is to open your third-eye chakra to the Golden Light of the Universe and let it flow downward through your other centers until it reaches your base chakra. When that is achieved, let it radiate upward, opening the crown chakra. This will help you begin to balance the energy throughout your body. As you get comfortable with the circulation of the Universal Flow, it may seem as if you are literally taking in this positive energy with each deep breath. If the chakra is opened and not balanced, the flow of energy may be overwhelming. This is particularly true when you open yourself to psychic energy. It can pulse through you and totally immerse you without warning. Knowing how to shut down the flow is as important as knowing how to open it. Let’s Begin You may start by getting comfortable. Take a deep breath and exhale slowly. Do this a couple more times, allowing yourself to relax more and more with each breath. If any muscle is stiff, allow it to relax as you continue to breathe slowly in and out. You may now close your eyes and focus on your third-eye chakra. If for any reason you feel overwhelmed by the energy or are suddenly flooded with psychic knowledge, you may always take a deep breath and open your eyes and return safely to your normal conscious world. Allow yourself to feel the Universal Energy as it streams at a comfortable rate into your third eye. You may feel the warmth of love and peace from the golden light of the Universal Energy as it continues to flow downward. For a few brief moments, allow yourself to absorb this peaceful and loving feeling, as each breath brings it more and more into focus.
Feel the Universal Energy Flow Downward
You may allow yourself to focus on this loving and peaceful energy as it moves downward to your throat chakra. As the energy reaches this center, you may feel the universal vibration first relax and then open that area of your body. You may feel the love and peace that flows through the golden energy and light of the Universe from your third eye to your throat with every deep breath you take. Take a few moments to enjoy this blend of energy as it resonates with each breath, in through your third-eye chakra and out through your throat chakra. Now allow your Universal Energy to flow downward until you focus on your heart chakra. Feel the peaceful and loving energy as it brings the warmth of the golden light and energy of the Universe to your heart. Feel the vibrations as they tune this important center around your heart. You may feel the loving and peaceful energy with each deep breath as it flows in through your third eye, down to your throat, and out through your heart chakra. Take a few moments and enjoy the love and peace as it spreads through and balances these three chakras. Your spine is the main conduit for the Universal Energy flow. As you breathe in, focus on the love and peace that is entering through your third eye. As you breathe out, feel the love and peace flowing through the energy center that you have focused on.
Continue to Move Down
Now you may feel the peace and love of the Universal Energy as you focus it downward to your solar plexus chakra. Feel the positive vibrations of your solar plexus center balancing itself as you breathe the Universal Energy in (through your third eye to your throat and heart chakras) and out (through your solar plexus chakra). With each deep breath you take, the golden light of the Universal Energy flows downward as you feel its peace and love. Take a few moments and enjoy the special sensations created by the balancing of these energy centers.
The Power of Kundalini Energy
Now, when you are ready, allow yourself to focus the peace and love of your Universal Energy flow down to your sacral chakra. As you feel the golden light vibrations bring balance to this center, you may be aware of the kundalini energy that waits below, coiled and ready to combine its strength and power with the Universal Flow. With each deep breath, you may feel the peace and love of the Universe as it flows down through your third-eye chakra, to your throat, heart, and solar plexus, and out through your sacral chakra. Take afew moments to enjoy the peace and love of the Universe as it flows downward through your centers. Now you may allow yourself to focus the Universal Flow downward all the way to your root chakra. Feel the power of the kundalini energy as it combines with the Universal Energy and lifts it upwards. As you breathe downward, the universal golden light flows through your third eye, to your throat, heart, solar plexus, navel, and out through your root chakra, as you feel peace and love. As you exhale, you may feel the vast power of the Universe as it pulsates throughout your entire body. As your six chakras vibrate in total harmony, they now open your crown chakra to the divine wisdom of the Universe.
Energy Flow Through Your Crown Chakra
Spend some time in this peaceful and loving state as you experience the divine energy of the golden light flowing throughout your body. Your head may naturally feel as if it is lifting upwards so your third eye can have a direct connection to the Universal Energy flow. You may slowly allow your arms to open and float up from your body. Your hands may open with their palms cupping slightly and facing upward to further receive the peace and love of the Universe. You may feel the incredible power of the Universe as it combines with your internal and external guidance systems and your Belief. At this time, you are totally open to the peace and love of the Divine. In this state, your intuitive gifts are now in balance and harmony. You are ready to receive the appropriate knowledge provided by the Universe for your psychic development.
Count Back Up
When you are ready to come back to your conscious mind, you may count slowly from zero to five. As you continue to breathe slowly and deeply, you may bring your feeling of peace and love back to your conscious state. When you get to five, take a deep breath, open your eyes, and continue to feel the positive flow of the Universe through your balanced chakra centers. You may feel grounded in the divine love of the Universe. This exercise is very basic. If you want to incorporate your own techniques, you are encouraged to do so. Each of you will have a different experience as you work with your chakras.
The Benefits of Massage
If you would like to help your energy centers open, you may want to consider adding light massage techniques to your balancing exercise. As you focus on your third-eye chakra, you may gently massage the center of your forehead. Move the three longest fingertips of one of your hands in a circular motion. After a few moments, let your hand return to its previous position as you focus on the peace and love that are balancing the third-eye chakra. When you focus on the throat chakra, continue this same massage technique. Always keep your touch light as you move your hand slowly in a circular motion. If for any reason you feel discomfort, discontinue the massage and either focus on your chakra exercise without it or open your eyes and come back to full consciousness, relaxed, calm, and filled with peace and love. When a blocked energy center is opened suddenly, the rush of energy can trigger a spontaneous psychic image. This often is the case when you experience massage, Reiki, or another method of healing art for the first time. Another method of massaging your energy centers is to work with your aura. Place the open palm of one of your hands approximately two inches above an energy center. Slowly begin to circle the palm of your hand in a counterclockwise motion. You may feel pressure, heat, a tickle, or a prickly feeling as your hand moves over the spot.
Restoring Balance Through Color
Each of the seven energy chakras also has a specific color that is produced when the energy of that center is in balance. If you are visual, it may help you to balance your chakras by visualizing the proper color for each center. You may add the color imagery to your chakra balancing exercise. Here is a list of colors for each of the seven chakras:
- The base, or root, chakra is red.
- The sacral, or belly, chakra is orange.
- The solar plexus chakra is yellow.
- The heart chakra is green.
- The throat chakra is blue.
- The third-eye, or forehead, chakra is a deep indigo.
- The crown chakra is a white or pure light.
You may be able to feel energy in relationship to color. You can focus on red and go right to your root chakra and feel the base of your kundalini energy. Or you can focus on the color green and project it to your heart chakra. As you begin to practice getting in tune with your energy centers, you may want to practice opening and balancing them in a natural progression from your third eye downward and finally back to the crown. The more you understand the vibrational level of each center, the more it can help you in your psychic development.
Sensory Imagery Exercise
Now consider using all of your five senses to help you open and balance your seven chakras. First, focus on your breathing. As you breathe slowly in and out, let your body relax. When you are ready, allow yourself to begin to focus on your third-eye energy center. Focus on a deep indigo color as you inhale. Let this beautiful color flow over any negative colors and sweep them out of your third-eye chakra as you exhale. You may feel a certain vibration that is special to that center. You may be able to sense a certain tone that helps to open and balance your third-eye chakra. Tibetan Buddhists see each chakra as a wheel with a different number of spokes. The energy level of each center turns its wheel at a different speed. Not all of the chakra models have seven energy centers. Some have more, and some have less. As you breathe in and out, you may sense that perhaps there is a special smell or even a taste that you can relate to your third-eye energy center. Experiment using your different senses to help you open and balance your third-eye chakra and bring the strongest image into a clear focus. Now anchor that image with a touch to your third eye or with a special word or phrase. Release your connection, and practice reconnecting to your third-eye center by triggering your anchor. When you are ready, you may focus on your heart chakra. Use the same technique that you developed for opening and balancing your third-eye chakra. Engage as many of your five different senses as you are comfortable with. They may be sight (color), sound, feeling, taste, or smell. Once you have achieved a clear focus on your heart center, create an anchor for it. Now practice disengaging and reconnecting again. When you are comfortable with opening and balancing your heart chakra, move downward to your solar plexus. Follow the same process until you have opened and balanced your belly and root chakras. Your crown chakra will open and balance as your six other chakras blend together in pure peace and love. You may use cues, imagery, and remembered sensations from all five of your senses to experience this Universal Flow. Let your physical, mental, and spiritual bodies feel unified in total harmony with the Universe.
The Chakras and Psychic Development
You may already have had a psychic experience through one of your different chakra centers when you unwittingly opened up to the Universal Flow. When it happened, you might not have been aware of what took place. This explanation may help you get a better perspective on what may take place when you have a psychic experience through one or more of your chakras. The lower chakras are considered to be more primitive in the range of psychic abilities. It is through the root, sacral, and solar plexus energy centers that you open to being a medium or to communicate with the dead. You may also use these chakras when you experience psychic dreams. The lower chakra levels are considered to be more spontaneous than controlled. The heart chakra is where you intuitively feel. If you are working with massage or other healing techniques and open your heart chakra, you may be flooded with the other person’s physical, mental, or spiritual negative feelings. If you aren’t prepared for the energy flow, you may find yourself internalizing it. Without an outlet, this energy will overrun yours, and it may affect your balance and even your health. If, on the other hand, you have some awareness of what might happen, you can let the energy flow through your heart chakra. Channeled this way, it has a great potential for healing those who receive the positive energy of peace and love. When your throat chakra is open, you may have the ability to hear your guides or angels. You may receive verbal advice or even warnings about yourself or others. (You will have the opportunity to experiment with clairaudience in an upcoming chapter.) As you identify and learn to rely on the communication that comes to you through your guides, you will learn to trust their accuracy. The ability to see psychically is called clairvoyance. When your third-eye chakra is open, you may be able to see on nonphysical planes. You may see as well as hear your guides or angels. You may also be able to see the past or future. When the crown chakra is open, you may be able to travel to and experience different planes. It is through this center that you may be able to visit the Akashic Records, as Edgar Cayce did over fifty years ago. You may find yourself floating out of your body and experiencing the vast power of the Universal Flow.
Practice and Document Your Experiences
Now you may go back to your chakra exercises and begin to identify your psychic gifts. First, let yourself come into balance with all your energy centers. It is always good to center yourself when starting a psychic exercise. Do this by connecting to your Belief and your internal and external guidance systems. Feel the peace and love of the Universe and believe that any intuitive image is given to you for a special purpose. Once you have done this, start with your lower chakras and open up to connections from the Other Side. You may feel the power of the kundalini as it combines with the Universal Flow. You may open to spontaneous psychic intuition that is given you by the golden light and energy of the Universe. When you are ready, open your heart chakra to healing energies and positive feelings. Next open your throat chakra to the communication of your guides and angels. Look for the clear visions through your third eye, and finally let yourself float to other planes of psychic experiences guided by the golden thread along the white beam of your crown chakra. When you are ready, slowly bring yourself back to consciousness, filled with the love and peace of the Universe and in tune with your psychic experience through your chakras. Remember, the way you work through your energy centers is different from anyone else. You may experiment with all the material in this chapter and develop a technique that is best for you. As you work with your chakras, you may find yourself opening more and more to your psychic gifts.