(Written by Rick Rockhill, http://
1. Witches do not do evil – They believe that doing evil and harm is against all ethical and moral laws. Further, Witchcraft tells us: “An ye harm none (not even yourself), do what ye will.”
2. Witches do not worship Satan – They do not have a Satan/Devil or any all-evil deity in their religious structure. Witchcraft is a religion that underscores polarity and views God and Goddess as equal entities.
3. A male witch is not a Warlock – The word “Warlock” is a Scottish word meaning “oath breaker” and became a term designating a male Witch during the “burning times” (i.e.; the Inquisition). Male as well as female practitioners of the Craft are known as Witches.
4. Witches wear clothing of every color and every style – Many Witches do choose to wear black clothing or ritual robes. The color black is the culmination of all vibrational rates of light on the material plane. Black absorbs light information and helps Witches be more receptive to psychic impressions and energies.
5. Witches come from every socio-economic and ethnic background – Many witches are professional people holding positions of responsibility such as Doctors, Nurses, Police Officers, Teachers, etc. Witchcraft does not discriminate against color or ethnic origin and does view everything as equal in the eyes of the Goddess and God.
6. Witches do use spells – A spell is a thought, a projection, or a prayer. Other religions use prayer, meditation, projection and ritual to produce an intended result. The word “spell” does not imply doing evil or harm.
7. Witches do use magic wands – Often you see the use of magic wands in children’s cartoons and movies making the idea seem frivolous. In actuality the magic wands are used in healing for directing energy.
8.Witches do use Witchcraft as a science, an art and a religion – They use their knowledge and magic in harmony with the Universe and Nature around them.
9.The word “Witch” has a deep and rich history – As defined by the Oxford English Dictionary “Witchcraft” is a Celtic word meaning the wise, good people. “Wicce” designates a female Witch where as “Wicca” designates a male Witch.
10. In the religion of Witchcraft the pentacle is viewed as an amulet and a symbol for protection – The five-pointed star represents the human body and the earth. In combination, the star surrounded by the circle represents the human body encompassed by the protection of the Goddess/God force. The pentacle is the symbol for Universal Wisdom.
11. Witches concern themselves with ecology – They have never forgotten this basic fact: the World is not our enemy. Neither is it inert, dumb matter. The Earth and all living things share the same life-force. They are composed of patterns of intelligence, of knowledge, and of divinity. All life is a web. We are woven into it as sisters and brothers of all. Witches need to be grounded in both worlds and awake to their responsibilities for both worlds. It is only being responsible human beings that we can be responsible Witches, and only responsible Witches will survive.
Comments are closed.
Witches can be evil if they want to be. There are plenty of witches who worship Satan. Witchcraft is not a religion, it is a craft and practice. There are satanist witches, who do believe in Satan. There are many all-evil deities in many pantheons, so stfu.
Hi, it is a common misconception that all witches worship satan. This is not so. The point was made in that respect. There are dark witches who conjure and use demons to do wicked deeds, but it does not mean that witches on the whole do that. It’s a choice.
Mika, witchcraft only works if you open yourself ( note, this does not mean make vulnerable) and allow yourself to be receptive to nature’s frequencies. Even witches practicing evil spells must be receptive to powerful negative energies. Both involve something greater than oneself. In that sense, there are no evil witches, just evil spells. You, however, are just rude.