Witches have always known the special meaning of nature’s acts. They are warnings, blessings and magic guides to our living in the world around us. Rain is a special gift from the sky and its power should be used wisely. Try never to shelter yourself from its fall, but rather accept the rain as we should accept life with all of its trials and blessings.
* Rain while the sun shines is a healing rain. Catch and store it in blue glass. Use the water for all manner of healing magic. Place in the bath for an overall body cleaning.
* The blessing of fairies is upon anyone who catches rain in a silver spoon after the rain has bounced off a flat stone. Place some of this water on any object that is frequently misplaced. Keys are always a good choice.
* Place midnight rain of a New Moon on the third eye to bring visions and see future events.
* The first rain gathered in May is symbolic of May Day dew and holds much power. It is used when very special favors are needed. Do not gather this rain in a metal container or its power will be lost. A glass or wood container would do much better.
*When rain runs off a gravestone, gather carefully and use with caution.
*Rain gathered during a thunderstorm holds much energy and can be used to enhance spells and potions. But be aware that the energy does not last long and the spell should be completed before three days and three nights have passed or the rain water will be of little use.
* House plants enjoy the outdoor rain – this cleanses their leaves and helps to purify the indoor air when they are brought back in the home. This is especially good to do when you are in need of a clear mind and strong thought.
* Jewelry, charms and other objects can be purified by standing in the rain, facing west and tossing the object into the air, three times, catching it in your hands each time,
* The sound of the rain carries the voices of the water spirits. Listen to the sound of the rain and enjoy the gifts of the undines. They will speak to you of love and friends. The wise also realize that rain is just one aspect of nature. We should look to the wind, trees, lightning, fire, stones, and other forms of nature’s expression for clues to the magic of the world.