What is an Acid Reflux?
Acid reflux is a condition that some people may suffer from. This is a condition where in the stomach acids rise up into your esophagus for the reason that the valve which separates the contents of your stomach from the esophagus is faulty. In case you want to know more about what this condition is, here are some of the things that you should know about it:
- One of the things that you should bear in mind in case you are suspecting yourself to be suffering from acid reflux is that it usually happens when you ate something that could trigger acid reactions to your stomach. It happens when the acid that passes through your stomach would pass your esophagus, and the sphincter muscle or in layman’s terms the barrier between the two is defective and that it cannot block the acid in your system. The moment your sphincter muscles have low pressure, you are more likely to experience such condition.
- Another reason that could be associated with acid reflux is pregnancy. This usually happens when your body is changing because of the hormones brought about by being pregnant. When the pregnant woman’s uterus is growing a lot bigger, this is when the acid reflux might happen.
- Heartburn is also associated with acid reflux. This is what medical experts call as the acid indigestion. You would usually feel pain and discomfort that could be felt around the stomach area, abdomen and even the chest. One thing that you should bear in mind though is that it maybe called heartburn but it definitely has nothing to do with your heart.
- Obesity is also associated with acid reflux. This maybe a lifestyle issue but if you do not do what is right, then you should be prepared to suffer from such condition from time to time. If you think that you often suffer from acid reflux, then it is time that you do something about it to make sure that you would not have a bad experience from such condition.
- Lastly, one of the many reasons why people suffer from acid reflux is due to their lifestyle. If you drink alcohol a lot of you like drinking soda, then you would also experience from such condition. You may also wish to lessen your caffeine or chocolate intake as these are also associated with acid reflux. Your lifestyle is your choice so if you do not want to experience the discomfort every time you suffer from acid reflux, then you might want to change your lifestyle and live a healthy life.
These are just some of the few things that could be associated with acid reflux and now that you know what causes it, you might want to avoid what causes it so you would not have a hard time especially when you are experiencing the discomfort that is brought about by such condition. Start living a healthy lifestyle since it can definitely help you a lot in terms of making sure that you would not have such problems.
Acid reflux is one condition that many people suffer from these days. The thing is there are some reasons why people suffer from such conditions. In case you want to know what causes acid reflux, then you should know that your diet or the food that you eat play an important role in terms of suffering from acid reflux, to know more about what products may cause it, here is a list that you should bear in mind:
- One top of the list is Soda. Soda and some other carbonated beverages which most people love are just few of the many causes of acid reflux. This is because the bubbles of carbonation usually expand inside your stomach, and then the increased pressure is what contributes to the acid reflux. Sodas that contain caffeine are known to be the worst types of beverages since it is more likely to have someone suffer from acid reflux.
- Chocolates are known to contain huge amounts of caffeine which is also known as one of the main causes of acid reflux. Chocolate is also the main cause why most people are fat or obese and fat and obesity are both associated with acid reflux.
- Stress is also a very big cause for acid reflux. In fact, it is one of the most popular causes for people who work in high stressful jobs. These people are often very careful about their diet and they get regular exercise. Unfortunately, they are surprised that they end up getting an acid reflux in the middle of the workday regardless of the healthy and nutritious food that they ate that day. Stress can wreak havoc on your bodily systems. In fact, stress can not only give you an acid reflux, it can also make your body lose hair, have a lack of energy and even make them feel lethargic at all times.
- Alcoholics also get a lot of acid reflux issues. This is because binge drinking can also destroy the regular bodily processes. A night of drinking a lot of alcoholic drinks can result to a hangover that includes acid reflux. You should also remember that the acid reflux that you get from binge drinking can be very severe. In fact, some alcoholics experience an acid reflux that is so painful; they end up quitting drinking right then and there. You can say that this is a good thing for certain situations but it is no joke that acid reflux is very painful.
- A bad diet is also a major cause for acid reflux. This is most especially true if you skip meals and do not eat enough food during regular meals. When this happens, your stomach acids may work overtime to the point that there is too much in your stomach walls. This is not a very good situation to be in.
In order to avoid acid reflux, you should talk with a nutritionist. Nutritionists can suggest a good diet program that you can follow. If you follow the diet program properly, you will be able to deal with your acid reflux issues.
[ Source ]