Indications of White Magic:
- Your practice uses White Light energies.
- There is a tendency for self-purification before and/or during a spell.
- You have an affinity to cleanse your area, target, and self.
Indications of Black Magic:
- Dark essences are being used, primarily.
- You find power in the emotional negativity of yourself and others.
Indications of Magecraft:
- Your primary concern is in social politics or what people think.
- You are constantly trying to understand what people think and feel.
Indications of Nature Magic:
- Your practice tends to beckon you to nature and the use of natural forces.
- You can feel a higher presence in things that most would call inanimate.
- Your magic is an extension of the natural world, not a conflict with it.
- You feel a different kind of power in nature and feel prone to harness it.
Indications of Necromancy:
- Your practice centres around degrading health and physical well-being.
- You find power in the physical suffering of yourself or others.
- You use servitors but totally control all of their actions at all times.
- You can sense if a person will die or if they are becoming ill/diseased.
Indications of Healing:
- You can feel your own internal energies.
- You can realign your internal energies if injured.
- You can feel the aura of others and can realign it as well.
Indications of Celestial Magic:
- You put your situations in the hands of a higher being.
- You believe in a god or gods and want to, or know how to, communicate with them.
- Your mystic practices incorporate the use of higher intelligences.
Indications of Satanic Magic:
- Your power comes from yourself.
- You are not interested in ever letting power out of your own control.
- Your methods often include blessing/enchanting yourself.
Indications of Elemental Magic:
- You are primarily concerned with physical manifestations.
- Your art works heavily with controlling the environment.
- It seems natural to you if you change the weather through mystic exertion.
Indications of Enchanting:
- You are interested in the mystic potential of items.
- You can sense mana in items that have been handled by another magician.
- You try to magnify or nullify the powers put into objects.
- You have skill in imbuing normal things with special powers.
Indications of Summoning:
- You do not want to use higher powers to control summoned spirits.
- Your power focusses on calling out to spirits, but not gods.
- You see or work with demons, yet do not feel afraid.
- You want servitors but also want to let them think on their own.
- You can talk to spirits of the dead by feeling their thoughts.
Indications of Divination:
- You frequently experience Deja Vu.
- You see hidden meanings in atypical events.
- You can predict events spontaneously with a high degree of accuracy.
Indications of Wizardry:
- You tend to see “the big picture” where everyone else is worried about trifles.
- You have the ability to move outside your body.
- You use magic to change small things which drastically effect larger things by “domino effect”.
- Your can project yourself or thoughts of your own design to manifest on this level.
- Your art seems like a “pure” sorcery.
Indications of Sorcery:
- You tend to see even mundane things from a mystic standpoint.
- Your practices are fervent and full of emotion.
- You step into a dark plane to practice your most potent skills.
- Your art seems like a “dark” wizardry, or some form of “shadow magic”.
INDICATIONS YOU DO NOT YET FIT INTO A SINGLE ART:
- You rely on a variety of mystic abilities.
- You do not have a desire to commit to one path.
- You feel confined rather than empowered by using a single discipline.
- You see no need for devotion to extreme mystic abilities.
Note: This is not necessarily a reason to panic. There are times when the practitioner is legitimately not prepared to take on the discipline strains of studying through a single caste. At first, in fact, it is recommended that things be taken slowly and that all paths are given a fair trial to ensure that there is no reminiscing or regret in the future. This is not a problem, nor a sign of weakness. It is a reality that many casters face. Using whatever seems appropriate for a situation and recording it in a journal (Book of Shadows) will eventually reveal trends in your casting that will allow you to see where your talent or need lies.
INDICATIONS YOU DO NOT NEED MAGIC AT ALL:
- There is a physical solution to your problems.
- You couldn’t be bothered to study if there’s no immediately achievable results.
- You already know of a few normal solutions to a problem without resorting to the occult.