a window are bad feng shui. Curtains should have a little curve to them. Curtains should rich to the floor. When the curtains are drawn together there should be masses of fabric hanging in pleats and folds. Curtains should be kept clean. Curtains should also match the seasons. Heavy fabrics for winter and lighter fabrics for summer. Plastic rings are bad feng shui. Always use natural products. Curtains should also open and close easily.
Feng Shui For The Front Door
Feng Shui For The Front Door is a good starting point in developing positive feng shui for the house. The front door should be in proportion to the house. If it is too large then too much Chi escapes everytime the door is openned. To prevent this hang a wind chime to reflect the Chi back into the house. The fron door should not face a lamp post or tree. The front door should not face the direction of the driveway. The interior of the front door should not face the back door. If the front door is too small you should hang mirrors either side of it.
Feng Shui For The Staircase
It is simple to increase Feng Shui For The Staircase. Chi flows both up and down a staircase. If the stairs are too close to the front door then the Chi will flow straight out. The flow of Chi can be broken by using a well positioned plant or windchime. Stairs with bends help the Chi flow smoothly. However too sharp a bend will will block the Chi. Place a round mirror at the bend in the stairs. Good feng Shui for the Staircase promotes the flow of good feng shui around your home.
Feng Shui For The Bathroom
It is always difficult to creat good Feng Shui For The Bathroom. A toilet with its sit left up will allow Chi to drain away. Therefore it is important to keep the lid closed. Try to make sure the bathroom is not in your Wang Tsai area which covers prosperity and wealth. The bathroom door should be closed as much as possible. Hang a mirror on the bathroom door facing outwards. If there is no window in the toilet hang a mirror above the toilet.
Living Room Feng Shui
Feng Shui For The Living Room is important in creating a good enviroment for guests. If your dining or kitchen area opens off the living room you will need to screen these off with a plant covered trellis or something. Furniture should be arranged so the honoured guest faces the door. Be aware of corners or alcoves which are dead areas for the flow of Chi. Use colour and light to lift these areas. You may also place a pot plant with round leaves there. The layout of seating is very important. Preferably seating should be arranged in a cirle or octagon. The living room should not be cluttered with furniture. A large mirror in the room will help create the feeling of space. Avoid giving the television a place of importance in the room. The television should be enclosed in a cabinet. The room should be warm and cosy with pictures and ornaments.
Feng Shui For The Dining Room
Feng Shui For The Dining Room is important in maintaining a happy eating enviroment. The honoured guest position should face the door. The door should not open too close to any chairs. Preferably the table should incorporate the octagonal Pa Kwa shape. Make sure there is plenty of room to walk around the table. Mirrors will make the room feel larger. Dont locate the dining room in sight of the front door.
Feng Shui For The Bedroom
Feng Shui For The Bedroom will help creat a happy relationship. Use strategic mirror placement in the bedroom to reflect pleasant views into the room. Avoid positioning your bed with the foot facing the door. You should also avoid having mirrors facing the bed. It is best to position the bed in the corner of an octagonal arrangement. It is good to use a bedroom which also faces in the direction of your personal element.
- Fire : south or south-west.
- Water : north.
- Wood : east or north east.
- Metal : west or north west.
- Earth : south west.
Feng Shui For The Kitchen
Getting good Feng Shui For The Kitchen can be difficult. Have many mirrors in the kitchen so you can see people from all parts of the kitchen. The kitchen is a very yang area and eating there is not desirable.
Feng Shui for the Office and Shop
The best location for your office or shop for good feng shui is on a corner. The entrance to your reception area should cut diagonally across your corner. Be carefull of stairs and escalators directly facing the entrance that will allow Chi to flow out. Be also carefull of tall buildings to the west that will cause unpredictable tiger Chi and may cause your business to fail. Tall buildings to the north are good. The reception area should have plenty of space. Plants with rounded leaves attract customers. Closed businesses and derelict buildings close by are bad feng shui. A business in a dead end road will suffer from stagnent Chi. Roads pointing directly at a business are not good as they accelerate Chi. The best site is where two or three roads interesct and you have the corner position. Keep the cash register and financial transactions in the wealth enrichment area. Use lots of red colour in this area. If several people share an office the desks should be arranged so that they form an octagon. No sitting in the office should put people with their back to one another. Any sharp corners should be rounded off with round leaf plants.
Feng Shui For Trees
Promoting good Feng Shui for Trees can be a slow process. Dont have trees that need radical pruning because anything that needs lopping off at the top will bring misfortune. Never plant a tree directly in front of your door as it blocks the arriving Chi. If you dont live in a mountainous region you should avoid pines and conifers. Ideal trees are maples, willows and magnolias. Be warry of any trees too large in the west of your house. Try to avoid changing the natural shape of a tree.
Feng Shui for the Garden
The main principles for good feng shui for the garden is curves and proportion.
Think of your house as the Yin aspect and your garden as the Yang aspect.
- Yang is about light and space.
- It is important to incorporate the five elements into your garden.
- A pond or pool of water.
- A sun dial or bronze statue for metal.
- Trees and schrub for wood.
- Plenty of red and orange colour for fire.
- Earth for earth.
- If your garden is overlooked by an unpleasant view use the mirror remedy.
- The best shapes for your garden are octagon and circle.
- Circular ponds are preferable.
- You may also want to light up darkened areas in your garden.
- Use light as a remedy in the south and in your fame enrichment.
- Use sound as a remedy in the north west and in your friends enrichment.
- Red is popular in the garden as it stimulates the flow of Chi.
- Use colour as a remedy in the north east and in your children enrichment.
- Use life as a remedy in the south east and in your wealth enrichment.
- It is good to plant something delicate in your garden that moves in the slightest breeze.
- The path to the front of the house is considered very important.
- A horseshoe shaped drive or entrance allows the Chi to arrive gently and be channelled away when depleted.
Feng Shui For Garden Furniture
Feng Shui For Garden Furniture creates positive chi around the garden. You need to consider which enrichment area you want to put a seat in. When choosing a seat you need to think about the shape of the seat and any patterns it incorporates. A wrought iron chair with a round seat and round back decorated with a pattern of curving shapes is ideal. Statues and ornaments are good where you need to introduce a remedy. Statues are also very good where you need a stillness remedy. Stillness remedies are better placed in the west.
Mirror Feng Shui
Mirror Feng Shui for the home is an easy and popular way to develop good feng shui. Keep mirrors clean and bright. If your using the mirror to look into then it needs to be at head height. Mirrors used as remidies should be small and discreet. Its better still to use the Pa Kwa mirrors which have the eight triagrams on them. When deflecting Sha mirrors should be placed so they reflect outwards. To channel Chi inside the house you must make sure they are angled properly. Avoid mirrors that have pictures engraved or printed on them. Oval mirrors are best. Make sure to have a large mirror angled on a wall so it reflects a view into the room when your sitting in your favorite chair or lying in bed.
Water Feng Shui
Water Feng Shui is a good way to refreshen Chi. Moving water in the garden is good Feng Shui. It refreshes the Chi and soothes the nerves. Putting goldfish in your garden pond will encourage wealth. Make sure to keep the pond clean and never let it stagnate. Pond furniture should only be of natural material. Pools of water that empty into each other are very good. Water is one feature that can be used to provide any one of the eight remedies. Make sure Your pond is circular in design.
Feng Shui For Love
- For love to blossom in your life, you must activate the southwest corner of your home, the universal corner of romance.
- In using Feng Shui for romance, the bedroom needs to be romantic, with soft furnishings, colours and pictures.
- The Peonie flower plays a very important part in Chinese Feng Shui and you should have some in your bedroom.
- Use yellow, white and red lihgts to brighten up the southwest corners of your house to attract the energy of romance.
- Place natural quartz crystals in the southwest corner.
- Create a balance between the yang chi of the masculine and the yin chi of the feminine.
- A toilet in the southwest corner can be very negative on your love life.
- Hang a five rod windchime above the toilet.
- Enhancing love feng shui increases love opportunities, but finding a perfect match depends on your karma.
- If there is exposed beams in the southwest corner, hang tiny windchimes to soften the killing chi of the edges.
- Water in the southeast tends to cause arguments.
- Jasper in the southwest corner activates romance luck.
- Hanging a painting of high mountains in the southwest coener creates powerfull chi of the big Earth.
- To kick start romance paint one wall in the southwest corner white, yellow or red.
- Crystal chandelier in the southwest corner will energize this corner for love.
- On a window in the southwest corner hang a faceted crystal ball to capture the sunlight and creat chi rainbows.
- PLace a crystal heart inside a velvet pouch and place inside a night table to enhance feelings of love between you and your partner.
- To have steady growth in the marriage, colour and objects must never be overly masculine or feminine.
- Balance the chi by painting the bedroom with dark restful yin hues and the dining areas with bright yang colours.
- In order to create smooth love chi between the partners, place red love knots on pictures of you together.
- Never give roses with thorns, remove the thorns first.
- Yellow flowers are for those seeking a serious relationship, and white flowers are good for mature people in love.
- A pair of mandarin ducks placed in the bedroom symbolizes the happiness of lovers.
- Never place water features on the right side of the main door as this can lead to infidelity.
- Kepp water features, water bowls and aquariums out of the bedroom as they can lead to loss.
- Never place plants with thorns in the southwest corner.
- If a mirror directly reflects the bed it can attract unwanted outside third parties.
- Never sleep with the feet facing the door as this can simulate the death position.
Some Feng Shui Trivia:
In Hong Kong, in the version of Monopoly the boardgame, “Chance” is also known as “Feng Shui”.
Feng Shui Quotes: My idea of feng shui is to have them arrange the pineapple on my pizza. Unknown